WISCONSIN ALLIANCE FOR COMPOSERS
2017 New Music Festival
The Wisconsin Alliance for Composers (WAC) is accepting submissions for its New Music Festival at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh on February 25, 2017. Selected works will be performed. While WAC may be able to provide performers, composers are encouraged provide their own performers.
Click here for a PDF of the announcement.
Click here for an application form.
- The call for scores is open to full-time residents of Wisconsin or existing members of the Wisconsin Alliance for Composers.
- The call is open to composers at any stage in their career (Elementary, middle school, high school, and undergraduate students should apply to the WAC Student Composition Contest).
- Submitted compositions must be original works for 1-6 instruments with or without electronics. Purely electronic compositions incorporating no live instruments are welcome.
- Works under 15 minutes in duration are preferred.
- All submission materials will only be accepted in an email to John Mayrose (email@example.com).
- Each applicant may submit only one composition.
- Submit an application form.
- Submit one legible, anonymous score as a PDF. If the composition is purely electronic, then a score is not required. The only identifying information on the score should be the title. Do not include the name of the composer on the score.
- mp3 recordings are encouraged by not required. (MIDI realizations are acceptable)
- Submissions must be received by Tuesday, November 1, 2016 (new deadline).
- Composers of works selected for performance agree to attend the Wisconsin Alliance for Composers New Music Festival at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh on February 25, 2017 and agree to join WAC for one year ($25).
- A panel of judges will evaluate each score and may elect to choose any number of compositions for performance. The judges’ decisions are final.
- Please email John Mayrose (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
For the Student Composition Competition click here.
WAC is a non-profit, tax-exempt Wisconsin corporation founded in 1984 to encourage and support the composition and performance of new music by Wisconsin composers.